“The vac scheme at Osborne Clarke was full of opportunities to learn and gain an insight into this friendly firm.” Mark Lloyd, Senior Associate
A holiday for high-flyers: pack your thinking cap
We’ve invested a lot of time and effort to ensure that our vacation scheme offers participants a proper understanding of the work we do, the clients we work with and the sectors we work in. We could happily talk about why we are different and what we believe makes us the best, but we think it’s more useful for you to hear first-hand from some of our vacation scheme participants.
Why should I do a vacation scheme at Osborne Clarke?
Like most things in life, with our vacation scheme the more you put into it the more you’ll get out of it. So, while we’ll give you a formal programme, it’s up to you to make the most of it. Ask, and you will learn.
You’ll work with a trainee in the team, who’ll give you support when you need it. You will also have a senior lawyer on hand to answer any tricky questions and give you feedback at the end of each week.
It’s the ideal way to experience how we do things at Osborne Clarke and you’ll get a proper taste of what our trainees do on a day-to-day basis.
So, how do you benefit?
- You’ll spend time in two different departments
- Get involved in real client work
- Network and socialise with our current trainees and other colleagues
- Gain valuable insights from our partners in bespoke training sessions.
- Earn the chance of an interview for a trainee position. (It’s worth noting that last year more than 80% of our training contracts were offered to candidates who had completed a vacation scheme with us.)
Information about the 2021 scheme
- 45 placements available across our UK offices.
- Placements run in all UK offices throughout June and July 2021.
- You will be paid £320 per week.
- The application process will open on 1 October 2020.
- Deadline for applications is 15 January 2021.
- Assessment centres and interviews will be running in early February 2021. Please ensure that you are available on the proposed dates as unfortunately we are unable to provide any alternatives.